Plot thus far:
1. Sonya and Lipton wake up in her old home in Austin, Texas and eventually meet up with some of the Earth fighters (Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Major Jackson Briggs.)
a. They get a message from Raiden (the only time he's able to contact them) that the invasion is about to begin and the only think he can do is direct them to where a portal to Sanctuary could be found. Said portal will lead them to Sanctuary where they could gather their forces.
2. Scorpion appears in Earthrealm just as the invasion begins and Outworld starts to merge with Earthrealm.
3. On the way to the portal, the Earthwarriors run into some mutant warriors and Johnny Cage is killed.
a. Sonya and the rest of them run into Scorpion (details could be added later)
4. Sanctuary is actually an Indian Reservation in New Mexico, organized by the Shaman and historian Nightwolf. Because of the spiritual power in the area, Shao Kahn's portals are unable to affect the reservation and thus it's the only 'safe' place for the Earth warriors to gather.
a. It's agreed that they need to find Kahn's fortress and challenge him to Mortal Kombat. The only other option would be full on warring, but their forces are too small for such a battle.
b. On the way there, they run into princess Kitana, who's on the run after killing her clone Mileena and being accused of treason by Outworld. She's trying to reach her mother who's been brainwashed by Shao Kahn.
c. She's able to tell them where Kahn's fortress is located, but her knowledge of Earth's geography is very limited and the merger of realms has condensed the countries into one giant land mass.
d. It takes them several days to reach Kahn's fortress in what was Chicago.
5. They finally reach the city. Because Kahn seemingly knows that the Earth warriors would show up, he's set many of his Extermination squads ( mutant and centurian) around the city.- fight scenes ensure.
a. Sonya finds Kano leading one of the squads, a chase ensures that ends with them fighting on the top of a sky scraper. The fight ends with Sonya tossing him off the edge of the building.
b. Kung Lao is severely wounded in battle. Lacking anything in way of an aide station or hospital, Sonya and (maybe Lipton) agree to stay with him to make sure no other Outworlders arrive to finish the job.
6. Liu Kang manages to challenge Shao Kahn to Morta Kombat. At stake is Earth's freedom.
a. It's when Kitana's mother, Sindel, is able to remember her past and call Kahn out, that Liu Kang is able to defeat him.
b. Earthrealm and its people revert to normal.
7. Sindel and Kitana insist that the Earth warriors come with them to Edenia (one of the other realms freed from Outworld) to celebrate Kahn's defeat.
-Sonya, Lipton, and Scorpion wake up back on the island.
Subject to adjusting/details..the over all plot will seem to last about a week.